Since I’ve discovered the joy of Podcasts, I have been seriously neglecting music. It’s actually quite a weird thing for me to wrap my mind around.
I used to be literally unable to function without music. That’s why I started listening to some again recently.
I will also admit (though not included in this collection) that I like ZaYN (is that how he spells it?) Malik’s solo album. It’s quite soulful.
Funny enough, I was over in the UK when One Direction participated on X Factor. I vividly remember saying, “this group wouldn’t be famous in America, we’re really over boybands now!”. Boybands are still pretty relevant in the UK. It’s kinda ridic.
I ain’t no Simon Cowell. I’m okay with this fact, though.
Anyhoo, here’s some stuff I like at the moment.
- “Couldn’t Believe” – Broods (Such fun).
- “Hurts So Good” – Astrid S (Something I can ignore while simultaneously enjoying).
- “Best Love” – Yuna (Tune).
- “Fill in the Blank” – Car Seat Headrest (Reminds me of my angsty youth. In the best way, of course).
- “DOPE” – T.I., Marsha Ambrosius (This song reminds me of 2Pac a bit, that’s why I’m feeling it. I know, think it, it’s okay).
- “Since We Were Kids” – Arthur Beatrice (named after Bea Arthur of The Golden Girls – such fun!)
- “Summer Was A Day” – Pete Yorn (So very excited about new music from Pete!)
- “Chicago” – Sufjan Stevens (Oh, Sufjan, you’re so wounded and beautiful).
What tunes do you love these days?