Happy Wednesday! So, I’ve watched the season premiere of Pretty Little Liars, and, I think that the episode was excellent and has certainly pushed my suspicions in a very particular direction.
First off, wtf with the masks? The masks are stressing me out. Now that I know that this show is becoming a ‘MaskFest 2016,’ I feel like it’s possible some of the characters that we are seeing could be wearing masks and not who they say they are.
Probably not, but still. That Hanna mask was crazy.
So, here are ten observations I had during Tick-Tock, Bitches:
- The opening sequence with Emily, Spencer, and Aria digging what appears to be a grave is the cliffhanger of our midseason finale episode, 7×10. I think the entirety of season 7A is going to be the four days leading up to that scene.
- Mary Drake is possibly the mother of Melissa or Spencer. There were too many hints dropped during the 10-minute cup of tea between Spencer and Mary. I believe that Veronica is the adoptive mother of either Spencer or Melissa, and this would be another way for Marlene and Co. to pay homage to the books (I believe Spencer is adopted in the books, right?).
- According to her passport, Mary was last in London before returning to Rosewood. You know who else lives in London? Wren and Melissa. Hmmm.
- It was suggested, by one of the PLL writers, that there will be a “Romeo and Juliet” type of storyline. We all know that Spencer doesn’t just like Shakespeare, she loves Shakespeare.
- Team #Spoby? Did you see the scene when Spencer texted, “How do we know Hanna is still alive?” and the camera cut over to Toby looking at his phone?
- Whenever someone is called out for being the killer, they are not. Alison did not murder Charlotte.
- I kind of love Huw Collins as creepy Elliot. (I also love that he is married to the daughter of my home state of New Hampshire’s Senator!). Also, obviously because, British.
- I fucking love Mona. I just do. “And then what, we waterboard her?” – the best line from the entire episode.
- Spencer was visiting Hanna. If we’ve learned nothing else from PLL, it’s this: When people think they are seeing another person, it’s not a vision, it’s happening.
- Mary Drake is a whole lot like the killer from The Woman In Black. Especially now that we know she was responsible for the death of a baby and spent over five years being admitted and discharged from Radley.
I’m excited because I think ANYTHING could happen this season. Anyone could be a villain.10 Observations From #PrettyLittleLiars 'Tick-Tock, Bitches' #PLL #SaveHanna Click To Tweet